Consulting & Strategy
Within the Risk team, as a Risk Strategist you will serve as the internal consultant to various cross functional teams including product, engineering, partnerships and growth on all topics related to risk and card network rules. The ideal candidate will use their expertise in risk to advise on new product development, prioritization of market expansion, risk management strategies and establishing internal controls. Risk Strategist will develop recommendations that ensure Flutterwave can move rapidly while managing risk in every aspect.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (e.g. Product Managers, Engineering, Compliance, User Policy, Risk Partnerships, Legal, etc) to evaluate the development of new products and advise on the risk / fraud-related requirements and controls that need to be established to ensure Flutterwave manages product / transaction risk.
- Establish the risk appetite for both individual products and across Flutterwave’s entire portfolio.
- Lead ad hoc risk-related projects end-to-end to support market expansion, new products or risk management.
- Be the internal expert on card network (Visa / Mastercard / Amex / Discover) rules and our acquiring or issuing bank contractual requirements.
- Conduct research, analyze data and put forth recommendations and proposals that drive decisions on product, risk management and partnerships.
- Take ownership of undefined bodies of work and create a structured process that allows Flutterwave to move fast in identifying and executing on opportunities.
- Own the product risk assessment process for rollouts of new products or enhancements.
- Influence risk / compliance product and engineering roadmaps
Required competencies and skills to be a waver
- 7+ years experience in payments at a card network, an acquiring bank or related payments technology company.
- Deep understanding of risk and fraud
- Experience analyzing and interpreting card network rules
- Strong project management experience
- Solutions based mindset when working cross functionally across various stakeholders
- Negotiating with product, engineering, sales and legal to ensure alignment.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.