The Engineering Technical Leader coordinates the technical aspects of all the development, architectural, operational, security, and testing activities for a team. They are responsible for bridging the product’s broader goals with technical implementation. The Engineering Technical Leader also defines, implements, and inspires adherence to the technical direction, processes, and standards for the team.
- Minimum Qualification: Others
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Organizational and Leadership Role
- Mentors Engineers in building software development, infrastructure, data, and testing skills.
- Reviews other Engineers’ work and code for effectiveness and alignment to team technical standards.
- Grows the technical understanding of the stakeholders in and around the team.
- Grows community, eminence, and/or strategy of practice area.
- Sets the team's technical direction.
- Takes initiative for their own growth through personal leadership.
- Sets the direction for development, operations, testing, security, and maintenance of software solutions.
- Defines implementation strategy that creates robust, scalable, well-designed software built for long-term maintainability.
- Designs technology solutions from a deep understanding and analysis of the business needs.
- Leads the team in making decisions about technology and infrastructure.
- Navigates the regulatory landscape and create solutions and plans that address key risks and controls.
- Collaborates with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to plan and build new features efficiently that align with the product vision.
- Aligns team members, customers, and external stakeholders on technical information, plans, and roadmaps.
- Builds strategic relationships with peers, leaders, customers, users, and stakeholders.
- Orchestrates all phases of the development lifecycle from task creation to production deployment of new code.
- Defines and inspires adherence to code and process standards.
- Supports the Agile process and helps customers understand Agile.
- Deeply experienced in at least one engineering domain (software, site reliability, data, testing, etc) with a foundational knowledge in the others.
- Understanding of application architecture, system architecture, and enterprise integration patterns.
- Experience leading teams of Software Engineers, Site Reliability Engineers, Test Engineers and Data Engineers.
- Experience with the entire development process from conception to production operations.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in creating harmony among all elements of software creation.
- Ability to discuss abstract software development concepts like single-responsibility, cohesion, data immutability, and other paradigm appropriate design patterns.
- Deep understanding of DevOps principles and experience integrating them into team processes.
- Ability to inspire Engineers and build cohesion on a team.
- Ability to understand and respond to customer needs and collaborate as part of a cross-functional team.
- Proficient in at least one programming language like Node.js, Python, Go, Java 8+, Ruby, Bash.
- Proficient with building applications in containerized development environments.
- Ability to operate and manage work, strategically reason, and build relationships and influence others.
- BS/MS/MEng in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar technology-related degree.
- Experience with design-thinking and human-centered design.
- Understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Experience working with government or large industry clients.
- Holds a current AWS Certified Developer Associate, Solutions Architecture Associate, or Solutions Architect Professional or similar certification in another cloud platform.
- Holds a current CISSP, Security+, or other information security certification.
- Holds a current Certified Scrum Master certification.
- Must reside within USA
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.