Program & Evaluation Officer
The Program & Evaluation Officer develops and implements monitoring and evaluation framework, conducts project assessments, offers technical support to partners, maintains a database, prepares reports, makes recommendations to improve programs, and stays up-to-date with best practices while engaging with stakeholders. The Program & Evaluation Officer will be responsible for promoting the effectiveness and impact of research, monitoring and evaluation activities within the organization. You should be able to respond appropriately to Request for Proposals (RFPs) or Terms of Reference (TORs). The officer will work closely with program staff, partners and donors to develop and implement a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework that supports program aims and objectives.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Planning, developing and implementing a comprehensive M&E framework for the organization and its partners.
- Conducting regular assessments and evaluations of programs and projects to measure their effectiveness and impact.
- Providing technical support to development partners to improve their M&E frameworks and capacities.
- Developing and maintaining a database of monitoring and evaluation information to improve decision-making and resource allocation.
- Preparing timely and accurate reports on the progress of programs and projects using outputs and outcomes data.
- Utilizing data collected for monitoring activities to measure progress and make recommendations for program improvement.
- Engaging with staff, donors and development partners to foster an understanding of M&E frameworks and their impact on program outcomes.
- Keeping abreast of best practices in M&E and sharing them with staff, partners and donors.
- The Program & Evaluation Officer will report to the Program Director or the Executive Director, and work closely with staff across programs to ensure high-quality data collection, analysis, and reporting to support effective program activities and outcomes.
- The Officer will also provide technical assistance to development partners, identify capacity strengthening opportunities, and develop and deliver training programs on M&E frameworks, methodologies, and tools
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in social sciences or a related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in development, research, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation frameworks, methodologies and tools.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to synthesize data and create effective reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders and partners.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in relevant software programs including Excel, SPSS, and other M&E data management tools.
Work Type: The individual in this role has the option to work either on-site or remotely. However, their physical presence will be required when necessary.
- To apply, please send a comprehensive resume/CV and a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and suitability for the position with the job title included in the subject line.
- The deadline for applications is November 20, 2023, and we will be processing them on a rolling basis.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will hear back from us for further evaluation and interview.
ODSE is a non-profit organization that operates as an intermediary at the local level in Nigeria. Our primary goal is to combat poverty and effect meaningful change by bolstering local capacity and cultivating knowledge that enables sustainable development. Employing a strictly scientific approach, we place great emphasis on monitoring and evaluation, targeted research and training, and effective implementation strategies. By prioritizing these core principles, we aim to uplift communities, foster self-reliance, and leave an enduring, positive imprint on Nigeria's socio-economic landscape.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.