Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a technical backstop for supported State teams on data quality, data alignment exercises, and health informatics
- Provide technical support to COVID-19 response reporting systems i.e., SORMAS and paper-based systems
- Standardize the design of periodic (daily/weekly) data reviews for rapid action methodology for implementation at the state level and across hierarchies
- Provide technical Support to States’ EOCs to develop analyses, profiles, briefs, and program bulletins on COVID 19 response in the states
- Work with other stakeholders to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of the SORMAS COVID-19 reporting system, DHIS2, EOCs, and other platforms
- Develop National weekly COVID-19 bulletins with dissemination to USAID and stakeholders
- Work with the epidemiologists, data analytics, and visualization specialists to develop and package State information products and briefs
- Work with data visualization experts to develop and update COVID -19 dashboards from triangulated data sources
- Ensure a sustainable capacity building and mentorship strategy is implemented across the State EOCs on COVID-19 data analysis, data demand, and use
- Implement any other duties as assigned per the dynamic programming environment.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Monitoring and Evaluation, or a related field.
- At least five years’ experience working with health management information systems or routine health information systems.
- Experience working on COVID-19 programs, working knowledge of SORMAS, DHIS 2 preferred.
- Skills in data analysis and data visualization with proficiency in a statistical package i.e. Stata, SPSS, advanced excel, or Business Intelligence applications.
- Previous experience conducting State/LGA, and facility data assessments and data reviews.
- Working knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data management systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure, skills in crisis management and problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.