- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Evaluate and report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
- Conduct industry and market research
- Carry out deal sourcing, screening, and review of target companies
- Prepare financial models and analyze financial statements and results
- Provide support on the due diligence processes of target companies
- Network with peers to build and support relationships within the technology and startup ecosystem
- Review product development process and outcomes for products under development.
- Put together credit and investment memos
- Perform financial due diligence and analysis on prospective projects and recommend an investment decision.
- Develop an investment policy aligned to the company strategy and an investment criterion for evaluating prospective projects
- Creating financial models that enhance return on investment of projects and financial planning.
- Make available financial documents for the presentation of all nature of projects and prospective for and on behalf of the Company.
- Analyze financial projections and advise the company on how to best position its investments.
- Provide updates on financial market activities in order to right position the company in the local and the global market.
- Liaising with fund managers, company managers, stock market traders, stockbrokers, and regulators with a view to expanding funding access while improving market perception.
- Must possess a first degree in accounting or finance-related field of study (and or other recognized professional accounting qualification ACCA or ACA)
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years post-NYSC experience.
- Experience in investment banking is an added advantage
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques ∙ Proven working experience as an Investment and or Financial Analyst
Skills and Competencies:
- Solid understanding of financial set-up, procedures, statistics, and economics
- Business planning skills including financial modeling and budgeting.
- Strong competency with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Strong numeric and writing skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. A master’s degree in business or finance will be an added advantage.