Our client, a reputable Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) with headquarters in Abuja is looking to hire a professional, experienced, mature, and trendy Underwriter to manage and coordinate the risk-bearing responsibility of our client in the health insurance ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be responsible for implementing guidelines that ensure a balanced ratio of favorable risks, minimizing claim costs, and enabling the company to provide insurance at competitive premiums. This role requires a comprehensive understanding of risk analysis/management, professional analysis of data and make informed decisions
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Review and evaluate medical records to determine insurability
- Review and analyze health insurance benefit packages/mixture of enrollees' age bracket/ sex/ volume and other relevant variables.
- Analyze enrollee's application information to identify potential risks.
- Make recommendations to the company regarding risk management.
- Determine and professionally advise the management on the acceptance or enrolment of subscribers on the benefit packages of the company.
- Review claims to ensure they comply with the standard tariffs and operational standards.
- Investigate unprofessional and fraud cases and recommend appropriate steps to be taken to the management.
- Analyze and determine premiums for policies
- Keep abreast of changes in the health insurance industry that could impact the risk management process.
- Drives capacity building program for other underwriters in the company.
- Assist in the development of new underwriting guidelines.
- Assess clients’ background information and financial status/ ability to pay the premium.
- Draw up quotes for competitive insurance premiums.
- Keep detailed records of policies underwritten and decisions made.
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business for the insurer.
- Maintain confidentiality of all applicants and policyholder information.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, insurance, business, finance, or related fields.
- 5 to 8 years experience in medical underwriting or related role in the Health insurance ecosystem.
- Exposure to the international health insurance industry and knowledge of federal regulations governing health insurance.
- Exceptional analytical and research skills
- Good calculation skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience with risk analysis and management
- Familiarity with actuarial science
- Membership of NIA or other professional association
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.