- Determine a Bankable credit proposal that will create value, growth and sustainable Banking.
- Ensure Credit approvals are in full compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.
- Ensure growth in risk assets for corporate business
- Improve the overall Quality of the Credit Portfolio and processes.
- Develop and oversee an effective loan monitoring framework and process
- Provide leadership and training to credit underwriting, improving TAT and delighting the Bank’s customers.
- Serve as a member of the Management Credit Committee and provide proactive advice and counsel on credit transactions and the credit process.
- Develop initiatives to reduce the risk of loss
Key Performance Indicator:
- Bank’s PBT
- Cost Containment
- i-NPS & e-NPS
- Staff Turnover - Retention (Regrettable Loss)
- Staff Performance Management
- Staff Training & Development
- NPL ratio not exceeding 5%
- Regional PBT
- Achievement of related loan growth budget
- Compliance with bank’s credit policy - Compliance with agreed/set TAT
- Risk & Control Rating
- Credit analysis
- Understanding of CBN monetary policies & guidelines
- Loan structuring & restructuring
- Credit risk management
- Financial statement analysis
- Data mining
- Trade finance & documentary credit/ collections
- Product knowledge
- Policy formulation & implementation
- Business acumen
- Coaching & developing others
- Customer focus
- Interpersonal relations
- Analytical ability
- Decision quality & Problem-solving
- Attention to Detail
- The organization's Ethics & Values
- Continuous Learning
- Drive for Results
- Be a self-starter in order to complete tasks and overcome problems as well as provide direction for others.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Continually seek out opportunities. Practise and encourage a culture of strategic excellence.
- Take appropriate decisions whilst, at the same time, ensuring that others do likewise.
- Evaluate situations and calculate risks whilst justifying and defending quality standards.
- Enjoy challenging problem-solving situations and come up with well thought through practical solutions.
- Provide simple, practical solutions and complete all assignments thoroughly and timeously.
- Work as part of a team and demonstrate tolerance, understanding and consistency when dealing with others.
- Adopt a serious and questioning manner in order to assess situations and reach conclusions, thus basing the processes on facts and information gleaned from others.
- The Job Profile indicates that the job requirement is for a person who has the ability to achieve results through a logical, systematic and perfectionist approach. Challenging assignments and the research of facts and information within a specialist/technical area are also important to the role.
- The incumbent should have the persistence to see a job through to a conclusion and be happy to work either alone or on the periphery of a team. The function calls for well-defined parameters, achieving goals and solving problems, whilst at the same time maintaining quality and standards.
- The person occupying the job should be authoritative, inquisitive, self-reliant, methodical, deliberate and precise in approach. The ability to question, concentrate and work within set precedents may also be important aspects of this job.
- First Degree in the numerate field & Second degree.
- Professional qualification would be an added advantage
- At least 15 years of banking experience 8 to 10 of which must be in Credit underwriting, Relationship management at the Group level.