- Create and implement a long-term business plan to ensure continuity of business operations in the long run.
- Oversees the financial strategic planning of the bank by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Prepare the books of account of the bank in line with generally accepted accounting practice (GAAP).
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investments, thereby ensuring that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operations and capital investment requirements.
- Ensures that all monthly statutory deductions (PAYE, VAT, Withholding Tax, and Pension) are made and returns submitted on time to relevant authorities.
- Manages the relationship with internal auditors, external auditors, and other reviewers ensuring that they get the necessary support and cooperation to perform their duties.
- Oversee the tracking and recording of all bank assets and inventory according to the bank’s policy and practice.
- Ensure accurate and prompt rendition of all regulatory returns.