The Head of Finance performs all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, liquidity management as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making. To be successful in this role, you should have experience crafting financial strategies and managing accounting teams. Ultimately, you will maintain our company’s financial health and increase profitability in the long run.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:12 years
- Develop and provide timely, accurate, and appropriate financial statements and reports for all users in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Implement and ensure adherence to internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage the company’s cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts on a regular basis.
- Handle the acquisition of capital assets and ensure they are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Draw up long term and short term Investment/financial plans for the business
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial outlook forecast
- Participate in the development of the Company’s overall strategic goals and ensure these are cascaded to the different Finance team members across the organization.
- Oversees the company's risk management functions including general liability and risk mitigation.
- Forecasting corporate finance and budget development and ensures adherence to set budget, expenditures, and other budgetary items.
- Advises on long-term business and financial planning and manages company profitability
- Develops and implements appropriate accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to safeguard the assets and returns.
- Monitors the flow of funds; oversees financial functions of the company to ensure cash collection goals are met.
- Oversee the administration of all leases, contracts, and other financial obligations.
- BSc/Msc in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Minimum of 12 years solid experience in accounting & financial management and analysis
- Professional qualification in ICAN or ACCA is required.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, Financial modeling and planning, bank reconciliation, and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with Cash Management (Cash forecast, cash budgeting, and risk management)
- Leadership abilities
- Experience in developing and documenting processes, policies, and procedures is essential.
- Management Accounting, financial planning, monitoring, and performance management.
- Liquidity management experience
- Strong technical know-how and understanding of accounting and internal controls.
- Strong Excel and financial information-analytical skills and comfortable with the use of ERP software.
Location: Surulere, Lagos State.