This position reports to the CEO and serves as an integral member of the senior management team wearing the hat of Head of Finance and Operations.
- The successful individual must have a minimum of 5 years of banking experience in either a Microfinance or Commercial bank.
- Must have an end to end understanding of banking operations with a focus on retail banking
- As the Head of Finance, the candidate will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the CEO and other departments with an emphasis on bottom-line performance, working capital, and enhancing shareholder value.
- This position will provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing our strategy.
- As the Head of Operations, the candidate will provide the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency
You will be required to professionalize and streamline the finance and operations function, enabling rapid growth strategy by significantly improving financial systems, risk management, operation efficiency, controls, and KPIs, with potential future exit.
Role Purpose & Impact
- To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organization by providing leadership in:
- All financial matters, including budget development, planning & reporting; managing the accounts, payroll, and financial reporting of business performance.
- All operational matters, overseeing activities to ensure safe and cost-effective management.
- To work as part of the Senior Management team to contribute financial and operational expertise in the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, practices, funding proposals, and applications.
- To interact with the Board of Directors, Finance & Audit Committees, by providing financial reports and information to ensure sound financial and operational governance
- Improve operational systems, processes, and policies -- specifically, better management reporting, information flow and management, business processes, performance management, and organizational planning
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between operational support and business development & product delivery.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems, and controls
- Management of budget in coordination with the Chief Executive
Responsible for all client service, operations, projects, and digital platforms.
- You will lead teams that are dedicated to enhancing the customer experience and play a major part in the overall growth of this rapidly expanding company.
- Once established, you will focus on growth and scalability to drive continuous improvements in efficiency and quality.
- You will be responsible for building a culture that both represent the company's goals and aspirations, as well as developing the skills and experience of your teams.
- You will also be required to get "hands-on" in achieving these outcomes.
- You will be responsible for the full day-to-day management of the Finance function, Shareholder relations, and supporting future capital raising rounds.
- Define the corporate financial strategy, manage financial capital and communicate capital requirements/ implications of business decisions to the CEO and BOD
- Supporting the CEO and investors in additional fundraising, due diligence, mid-term financial planning, and exit strategy
- Presenting Board Packs to the Leadership team and backers
- Establishing KPI's and reporting metrics
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Annual budgeting and forecasting for all business units
- On-going business performance review
- Analyzing operational analysis and preparing meaningful MI to enhance corporate decision making
- Providing finance related advice for new product analysis covering accounting, billing, risk management, and taxation.
- Assisting in contract negotiations with suppliers
- Establish internal control processes required to manage and grow the business
- Drive the annual budget process and the monthly reporting
- Effectively lead the finance/accounting/operations team by developing and coaching the existing team and by hiring and retaining top-grade talent
- Develop and implement a financial risk management policy
- Effectively manage bankers, the board of director, suppliers, and other financial relationships
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to manage project/process.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
- Excellent ability as a consultant/negotiator to influence company senior management and Board of Directors.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities, and demanding Customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment.
- A high degree of professionalism, maturity, and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong People skills- Building Collaborative Relationships, highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the executive team.
- Creative and forward-thinking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work within and manage a team of professionals, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the Company.
- Responsible for capital planning and allocation as well as balance sheet optimization.
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Coordination of financial reports within the Company.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of Fintech financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
- Coordinate strategy (on behalf of CEO) to realize ambitions set out in the Corporate Plan
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organisationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence
Regulatory & Statutory Relationship:
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors (Internal and External Auditors).
- Coordinates regulatory and supervisory functions.
- Manages relationship with regulatory and statutory bodies, i.e. NDIC, CBN, FIRS, LIRS, etc.
- Reviews and manages the Financial Risks undertaken by the business, and demonstrates a good understanding of the risk profile of the company
- whilst reporting risk issues, and mitigating all identified risks.
Internal Control & Monitoring:
- Ensures adequate controls are instituted and maintained to cover all financial transactions and safeguard financial assets.
- Possesses versatile ability to handle various business applications within the Company.
- Oversees activities of employees and teams (i.e. hires, coaches, appraises rewards, motivates, discipline, etc.)
- Works in conjunction with other senior management team members to set standards, priorities, and schedules.
- Responsible for employee engagement within the Finance team.