- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience as a finance leader, including at least 5 years as a group finance director or its equivalent
- Proven track record of delivering Financial excellence
- Exposure to multiple lines of business an advantage
- Exposure to multiple systems of record is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of accounting and internal control principles, operational risk evaluation, and governance frameworks in a financial institution.
- Good knowledge of IFRS accounting principles.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant fields. Possession of a Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Possession of a Professional certification/qualification: ICAN or it's Equivalent
- License Member of any of the member bodies of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria.
Leadership and Strategy:
- Play an active leadership role in informing and delivering the strategy of the Group.
- Drive financial performance and advise on and track all investments.
- Ensure that the Group is both adequately and optimally funded to meet all operational needs and expansion plans.
- Set, define, and deliver a strategy for the finance function that is fully aligned with the overall strategy of the Group and ensures that the function adopts functional ‘best practice’ and embeds a culture of continuous performance improvement.
- Have principal responsibility for accounting, audited financial statements, management accounts, treasury, tax, financial planning, reporting and analysis of financials to all stakeholders, and enterprise risk management and internal audit.
- Monthly reporting on actual and budgeted performance for entity and group management
- Oversee regulatory/statutory submission and payment of statutory levies.
- Compilation of annual financial statements and liaison with external auditors; annual budgeting; establishing and maintaining of sound accounting practices, procedures, and controls
- Provision of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standard) information for group reporting standards; reporting on financial performance to the board and financial council
- Bankers: Maintain adequate relations with bankers and financial partners.
- Regulators: Liaise with relevant regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with established laws.
- Auditors: Maintain relations with external auditors and manage the annual audit process.
- Other Business Partners: Maintain strategic relationships with all business partners.
- Accountability and responsibility of financial functions relating to internal client service
- Expense controls; for all subsidiaries/ different lines of business
- Provide accurate financial income statement to all subsidiaries/ different lines of business
- Resolving internal client queries
- Interaction with external asset managers to comply with the group and statutory reporting requirements
- Contribute to sustaining a competitive edge through external networking and benchmarking and representation on related forums
- Keep abreast of trends, legislation, and best practices within the financial management field in order to optimize service offering and delivery
- Informing business leaders of unethical transactions immediately it comes to their attention.
People (Learning & Development):
- Manage the performance of all direct reports
- Identify training, learning & development needs for the operations team.
- Develop and lead operational culture
- Manage change within the operations area
- Develop direct reports with a view to planning for succession and continuity
- Identify and nurture talent within the operations environment