A leading British Curriculum International school located on the mainland of Lagos requires an experienced, competent, efficient and qualified Chartered Accountant for immediate employment as a Finance Manager. The ideal candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and have the right disposition and qualities to work in an international school setting. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment The school has a high profile of achievement locally and internationally and prides itself on its strong record of professional Managers.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
- To lead, operate, maintain and develop the financial procedures and systems of the school, in cooperation with the Head of School, Head of School Operations, and Governors
- To promote the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensure the most effective use of resources in support of the school’s learning objectives
- Managing and monitoring budgets and payroll
- Prepare for approval of the Head of School and Governors the annual estimates of income and expenditure. Obtain the agreement of budget holders and report on the financial state of the school to the Governors
- Advise the Head of School, the Head of School Operations, and Governors on investment and financial policy, preparing appraisals for particular projects and developing a business plan for the future development of the school.
- Ensure compliance with the financial management standards in international schools. Use the financial management information, especially benchmarking tools, to identify areas of relative spending, assess trends,s and directly advise the Governing Body, the Head of School, and the Head of School Operations.
- To support the CEO the Head of School Operations and Governing Body in understanding the school’s income position and in the identification and implementation of cost controls and income maximization.
- Monitor all accounting procedures and resolve problems, including processing and prompt payments for all goods and services provided to the school; operation of bank accounts, ensuring that the full reconciliation is undertaken monthly, and preparation of invoices and collection of fees due to school.
- Prepare financial returns for the LIRS and the FIRS offices. Coordinate the final accounts and liaise with the auditors.
- Develop and analyze information to assess the current and future financial status of the school.
- Provide detailed accounts to the Governors and the Head of School on an agreed schedule.
- Supporting accounts staff responsible for delegated budgets with procedures that enable them to monitor these budgets.
- Maximize the school’s ability to generate income by such methods as lettings, applying for grants, and fundraising.
- Presenting timely and fully costed proposals, recommendations, and bids
- Preparation of periodic operational reports to the Board through the Finance Committee
- Oversee financial, treasury, and investment management
- To manage and monitor the school fund, preparing accounts and returns
- To attend meetings of the GC, Finance, Education, GET, and all other relevant meetings as required and agreed
- Any other duties as requested by the Governing Council or any of its committees, the Head of School, and the Head of School Operations.
- Minimum academic qualification of a University/Master’s degree in Accounting
- Professional membership: ICAN or its equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in a related environment
- Excellent knowledge of automated financial systems and currently a team leader in a structured corporate organization.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English Language
- The ideal candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and have the right disposition and qualities to work in an international school setting.
- Analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
- Communication and presentation skills
- Strong math and computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Database use and management experience
- Exceptional organizational and critical thinking skills
- Reliable and thorough with a deep commitment to accuracy
- Command of the English Language, bilingual is a plus
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.