An environmental Consultant is required to manage a team to provide environmental management and consultancy services.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- The Environmental Manager is responsible for overseeing the environmental Teams and units.
- A knowledgeable environmental project manager combines organizational management skills with expertise on environmental issues and regulations to help businesses prevent or repair impacts on the land, air and water.
The Environmental Manager will provide expert assessment and advisory services to clients on matters pertaining to the management of environmental issues and liaise with regulators. In doing so:
- Coordinate all aspects of Environmental Studies, Health and Safety, pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy
- They must have extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and can advise clients, organisations and institutions on environmental matters
- Must have the extensive scientific and technical knowledge and experience to conduct or oversee various environmental assessments
- Prepare and produce scientific and technical proposals and reports
- Assess business practices to make sure organisations are meeting environmental laws and regulations
- Co-ordinate or Collect data in field studies on sites
- Analyse and interpret the data gathered in field surveys
- Write scientific reports and present your findings and ideas
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and best practices
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with Local, National and international regulations and legislation
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce environmental risks for organisations and projects
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Implement best practices in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising
- Coordinate public hearings and consultations on environmental matters when required
- Manage relations with the board of directors, senior management and internal staff
- Monitor and mentor staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities
- Negotiate environmental service agreements, sub-contractors and manage associated costs and revenues
- Prepare technical proposals and scientific reports for new projects.
- Resolve environmental issues and escalate complex problems to higher authorities.
- Manage and monitor environmental project activities to ensure timely completion.
- Obtain environmental permits and develop environmental programs for clients.
- Build positive and long-term working relationships with clients.