- Determine the level of the listenership of radio programs among cassava, Irish potato, maize and rice producers supported by GIZ but also those not directly supported by GIZ
- Assess the impact of the radio program on knowledge, attitude and adoption of good agricultural and agribusiness practices by cassava, Irish potato, maize and rice producers.
- Assess differences in knowledge, attitude and practices between (i) listeners and non-listeners of the radio program, (ii) GIZ-supported producers and non-GIZ supported. producers, and (iii) baseline and midline surveys for cassava, Irish potato, maize and rice value chains.
- Assess the potential and actual changes in external investment and institutional support for sustainable agricultural radio programming among partner radio stations.
Deliverables & activities
- Inception Meeting with Consultant, FRI and GIZ
- Evaluation design
- Sampling design
- Recruitment and training of enumerators
- Data collection
- Data analyses
- Reporting and presentation
- Regular meetings will be held between the consultant, FRI and GIZ at field and coordination levels.
- The institution/organization/consultant should have substantive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative evaluations for development programming. Knowledge of the agricultural sector is expected.
- Work experience in Africa is required, and experience evaluating projects in Nigeria is desirable. The institution/organization/consultant should have great communication skills and excellent written and verbal skills in the English language. Knowledge of the local languages is an asset
- The consultant/firm should demonstrate the capacity for training, organization, conducting and reporting the study. The consultant will be under the supervision of the FRI Project Manager and Country Representative and will work closely with the Global FRI team.
The consultant must have:
- A University degree in a relevant field - Monitoring and Evaluation, Agriculture, Development Studies, Communication etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in quantitative and qualitative evaluations design, tool development, data collection, data analysis and production of reports
- Experience with remote data collection and use of digital tools in data collection.
- Previous experience in the areas targeted by the study is an added advantage
- Ability to manage a team, work under pressure and produce quality work within short deadlines
- Fluency in English written and oral communication.