Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing legal services in the area of civil law, criminal law, and fundamental human rights infringements, in the hierarchy of courts in Nigeria
- Drafting and filing court processes with the appropriate courts and conducting thorough due diligence and research before forming a position on the case.
- Represent clients in all courts including the Supreme Court, Federal High Courts, the State High Courts, Magistrate Courts.
- Conducting thorough investigations into client matters, including performing legal research and analysis and sourcing expert opinion.
- Representing Government Agencies and private companies by providing shipping and oil and gas laws.
- Represent clients as assigned on litigation matters at tribunals and other adjudicatory forums.
- Drafting solid recovery requests, responding to recovery requests, and controlling the flow of information regarding the case.
- Ensure that all clients’ work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on progress and on costs.
- Take responsibility for and attend to self-development.
- Providing legal services in the area of alternative methods of dispute resolution including arbitration and mediation.
- Imbibe a diligent culture in client care and service.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of post-call experience with excellent academic credentials.
- Highly focused commercial approach to business in addition to legal flair.
- Concise and precise drafting skills.
- Good eye for detail and effective time management.
- The ability to remain confident in difficult circumstances, and to possess the resilience to sustain performance, particularly when under pressure.
- Good oral and written communication skills in the English language
Salary: NGN200,000- NGN400,000