- Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of cash flow.
- Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
- Monitor company’s service fees and ensure profitability
- Manage all aspects of In-house investment portfolios
- Direct, monitor and trade investment portfolios including Working capital, High-Yield, Escrow, and other portfolios.
- Manage long-term and short-term investment strategies.
- Determine the Company’s goals and risk tolerance.
- Assess risk/return trade offs in guidelines.
- Assess performance benchmarks and recommend changes when warranted.
- Review and recommend changes to the investment policies based on the market conditions.
- Prepare or monitor company’s various cash flow forecasts and perform financial modeling.
- Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies.
- Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes.
- Manage relationships with financial service providers.
- Evaluate alternative long-term borrowing strategies and make recommendations in accordance with the capital structure guidelines.
- Manage, direct, and develop Cash Management staff.
- Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
- Provide technical and other support for mergers and acquisitions and other projects as needed.
- Support and participate in Company’s Strategic Plan activities
- Determine the Company’s tax position and the applicability of taxable/non-taxable instruments.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Competencies:
- Bsc Accounting (additional qualifications will be a plus)
- At least 8 years’ experience as a treasurer in the financial services sector in Nigeria
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, and money market instruments.
- General knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements for investments and other financial instruments.
- Knowledge of treasury software expertise a plus.