- Partner closely with Product and other cross-functional teams to drive Search-related product partnerships in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Manage complex agreements with external partners to license high-quality data for the purpose of building or extending new, engaging Search features.
- Design and lead growth strategy for Search in Sub-Saharan Africa, across multiple industries and product initiatives.
- Design and implement processes and policies to improve Google’s ability to partner globally; ensure partners are fulfilling their contractual obligations and that Google is providing the required support for them.
- Manage coordination with internal cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Policy, PR, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Finance) and other business development teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in business development, negotiations, and/or partner management.
- Experience in the media, telecom, or technology sector in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Experience working within the Search ecosystem/industry.
- Experience as a strategic thought-leader in business development, partnerships, product management, general management, and/or sales.
- Demonstrated success at working with cross-functional teams and building strong relationships across departments including sales, marketing, business development, engineering, and product management.
- Strategic, structured thinker with the ability to articulate new concepts and business models that are unique to Africa’s emerging markets to a global cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated analytical and reasoning skills with the ability to structure partnership models and work with technical, contractual, and financial issues.
- Effective relationship-building, facilitation, and communication skills.