Administration (in conjunction with Admin officer)
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with suppliers of products and services
- Ordering stationeries and other supplies required for day to day use in the office
- Maintaining office records relating to (for example) health and safety incidents, risks, breaches of procedure and regulations, expenses, taxation, contracts with suppliers, law library books and borrowings.
- Answering the telephone, greeting clients, checking the general office email address, receiving and delivering of correspondence and packages
- Creating new client files and completing file opening procedures.
- Organising retreats, book launch and other internal and external events of the firm
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents
- Maintain a company calendar, schedule appointments, arrange travel and accommodation
- Book meeting rooms as required
- Identifying relevant legislation that applies to the law office and their staff and ensuring compliance through implementing relevant procedures and drafting appropriate documentation, including data protection, health and safety, business, and legal services regulatory law
Representing the firm at meetings at management level
- Ensuring business premises are checked and maintained by professionals
- Initiating and maintaining security processes and procedures
- Maintaining records relating to the premises including fixture and fittings records, health and safety checks, lease agreements and correspondence
- Ensuring premises look professional and clean through organising and supervising cleaning, placement of publicity, flowers, etc.
- Ensuring repairs and maintenance of the firm’s equipment, fixtures and fittings
Human Resource Management
- Managing the recruitment of staff including working with recruitment agents, placing recruitment advertisements, reviewing job applications and organising and attending interviews
- Managing all staff including organising and attending appraisals, maintaining personnel files and identifying development staff objectives,
- Dealing with employee grievances and disciplinary processes,
- Providing day to day guidance to support staff relating to their duties and responsibilities
- Identifying possible training for each member of staff
- Updating of firm’s policies and ensuring compliance with same
- Liaising with firm’s vendors/contractors and other 3rd Parties
- Manage and maintain executive schedules, including scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments.
- Coordinate finances, assist with budget preparation.
- Meet with special interest groups or individuals on behalf of executives.
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
- Prepare cheques for signature and review.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to other staff members when appropriate.
- Prepare and develop a records management system; maintain and recommend changes to records system when appropriate.
- Interact with customers when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course of action. Report problems to executives when they cannot be resolved for attention.
- Evaluate policies to ensure they are in compliance with corporate rules and mission.
- Provide a welcoming, friendly environment.
- Meet and greet visitors/ clients and contribute to making of refreshments
- Recognise and understand the different needs of Clients
- Create and manage Client’s files
- Work to deadlines and respond in a flexible way to the changing demands of the law firm including ensuring that Clients are responded to promptly and professionally.
- Liaising with software developers and IT personnel
Liaising with the business developer to ensure marketing plans are implemented.
- Effective Inter-personal skills
- Strong Administrative Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Effective communication Skills
- Strong Organisational Skills with problem-solving attitude
- IT savvy
- Solid knowledge of office procedures
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, specifically)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A University Degree holder
- 5 years’ work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator, HR officer or Executive assistant in a law firm or other organisation