Main Duties/ Responsibilities:
The senior accountant will be responsible for managing and applying accounting principles and procedures, preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions in relation to the following:
1. Tax & Accounting:
- Oversee day-to-day accounting activities and produce month- and year-end reporting
- Manage and monitor all daily activities of the junior accountants (Account Payables and Account Receivables officers).
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Ensure preparation and submission of all necessary tax filings
- Be accountable for the correctness and completeness of the accounting; legal and tax reporting; and fulfilment of all regulatory and internal requirements
- Actively perform certain parts of the accounting process as required for efficient departmental performance
- Remain current on accounting/audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws/taxes regarding company operations.
- Coordinate annual and ad-hoc tax and accounting audits
- Update and enforce proper and scalable accounting methods, policies, and principles
- Provide insights into departmental performance gaps and execute on improvement plans
- Mentor and develop a team of accountants, managing work allocation, systems training, performance evaluations, and the building of an effective and efficient team dynamic
3. Financial Reporting:
- Prepare periodic and ad-hoc financial reports.
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division/unit and weekly cash flow by division/unit.
- Provide appropriately formatted financial information to other departments as required
- Participate in the budget process
4. Payroll Management:
- Work with the People and Culture Team to implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related course
- Minimum of 7 years in a similar role and a Membership of ICAN/ACCA is compulsory
- Quick learner
- Motivated by social missions or our social mission
- Exquisite communication and people skills
- (Dynamic) smart and energetic, Analytical & Enthusiastic
- Strong team leadership Skills
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills
- Flexibility and diplomatic skills ( interaction with different stakeholders)
- Good knowledge of an ERP System ( Odoo would be a plus)
- Attention to detail
Salary: NGN605,000 - NGN715,000