Our client is looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 10 years
- This role is responsible for provision of end-to-end Legal & Regulatory support to the Host Communities Development Trust (HCDT).
- Incumbent will ensure the HCDT’s protection against legal liabilities and commercial value erosion by providing sound legal risk assessment to facilitate Board and Management decision making.
- Coverage of the role includes regulatory compliance procurement of permits, governance, litigation management, legal advisory, drafting and review. This position will manage interface with the Settlor, Donors, and Regulatory bodies in the best interests of the HCDT.
- Academic qualification of a University Degree in Law
- Minimum of 10 years’ seniority at the Nigerian Bar
- At least 10 years’ experience strongly focused on Company Secretarial, Corporate and Commercial legal support
- Experience in both external and internal counsel positions will be an advantage
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators Nigeria (ICSAN), Chartered Governance Institute, (CGI) UK or other foreign equivalent an added advantage.
Other Skills & Competencies:
- General legal drafting and contract review skills; experience with contracts spanning various spheres required
- Familiarity/ good knowledge and understanding of applicable laws including company law, general regulatory obligations for companies, property law, civil and criminal proceedings.
- Strong problem-solving skills; ingenious and creative in providing legal solutions to issues.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to convey accurate legal opinion and advice in a clear, unambiguous, concise and conclusive manner.
Location: Port Harcourt. Nigeria
Work Tenure: Fixed Term: 4 years. Renewable for an additional 4 years
Note: Use HCDT Nov 2023 followed by the appropriate Position as the subject of your email and apply
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.