Legal and Compliance Officer
Rotawn Energy and Logistics Services Limited
An oil and gas company in Lekki is urgently seeking for a Legal & Compliance Officer.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
Statutory Compliance functions include:
- Coordinating Company Registrations and annual renewals with regulatory agencies such as NIPEX, DPR, NSITF, ITF, PENCOM, CUFF, NCDMB, NPA
- Interfacing with and making representations to industry regulators on behalf of the Company;
- Working with Management towards the efficient management and mitigation of the risk of non-compliance.
Company Secretarial functions include:
- Preparing and issuing meeting notices, convening and coordinating Meetings of the Board of Directors and General Meetings;
- Ensuring compliance of Board and General Meetings with the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Maintaining the Company’s statutory books and registers;
- Filing of statutory returns at the Corporate Affairs Commission and other relevant regulatory agencies;
- Providing general legal advisory services to the Company;
- Providing appropriate corporate governance advisory to the general Board and various Board committees.
- Drafting and reviewing contractual agreements, commercial offers and other documents.
- Maintaining general correspondence between the Company and relevant stakeholders.
Tenders Support functions including:
- Reviewing tender invitation documents from contractors/prospective clients;
- Collating and ensures proper documentation within the tendering and contract process.
- Support the preparation and submission of Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other tender documents that are responsive to client requirements in a timely manner.
HR Support Functions include:
- Conducting interviews and induction/training of new employees
- Support human resources policies, programs, and practices through due deliberations with the management team and staff members as necessary.
- Review all the company’s loan agreements.
- Prepare and review all the company’s commercial agreements.
- Minimum of 4-years post call experience, specifically in company secretarial practice which includes: Review and drafting of legal agreements, Review and recommendation on litigation proceeding, Company incorporation, change of directors and shareholding, minutes of meeting etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills- written and verbal.
- Must be well organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple instructions simultaneously
- Good client management skills and able to work under pressure
- Must be proactive and employ critical thinking
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft office especially MS Excel and Word.
- Experience in an oil and gas company will be an added advantage.
Location: Lekki Lagos
Remuneration (Net): 220,000-250,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.