Akinsoji Richards & Associate
A law firm located on the mainland with a bias for litigation is in urgent need of a lawyer. The dynamic law firm invites you to consider this unique opportunity to join its legal practice team. The firm specializes in corporate, family and property law. Furthermore, it involves regular visits to various clients’ sites. The purpose of this role will be to assist the Principal with the day-to-day running of the Chambers and management of clients’ portfolios.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Representation of client matters in court
- Filing of processes
- Attending court hearings (and doing the preparation beforehand)
- Drawing up contracts and other legal documents
- Explaining the law and giving general legal advice
- Settling disputes and supervising any agreements
- Researching and gathering evidence
- Analyzing legal documents
- Supervising Practice Staff
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent research, writing, and reporting skills.
- Creating new client files and completing file opening procedures
- Maintaining office records relating to client’s portfolios, contracts with clients, meetings, policies, procedures, regulations, budgets, tax, archives, and other documents
- Managing client’s appointments, and calls, attending to clients, office email
- Processing documentation and contract approvals with external organisations
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with clients
- Regular visits to clients’ sites
- Managing various practice subscriptions and dues
- Weekly visits to local police stations with the view of increasing awareness of the chambers in the locality
- Managing the Practice’s probono legal clinic
- Dealing with various state building/construction authorities (LASPPA, Lagos State Lands Authority, LASBCA, LASMTA, Lagos State Surveyor General Office)
- Preparation of minutes and agendas for the various practice meetings (i.e. quarterly strategy meeting, action planning meeting and file review meetings)
- Manage the file review system and prepare file review reports.
- Responsible for the development and day-to-day management of practice staff i.e. task management, day to day practice tasks
- 2 years post-call experience in litigation, excluding service year (NYSC). T
- Energetic, diligent, and resilient.
- Agile, and committed to continuous improvement.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with legal and business environments.
Location: Ejigbo - Isolo, Lagos State
Remuneration: NGN 150,000 - 200,000 dependent on experience with profit sharing opportunities
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.