· Responsible for all overseeing all economic and financial or business-related research projects being carried out by other members of the research team
· Oversee the collection of market data & trend-spotting on relevant topics
· Deciding areas worthy of future research and proactively beginning such research upon approval
· Drive and support knowledge and insight activities and providing direction for research projects
· Responsible for providing analytical support in the production, and maintenance of marketing collaterals for the business.
· Take the lead on commissioned research and policy analysis initiatives, as well as provide technical assistance to research and policy components embedded within specific projects/programmes
Desired Skills and Experience
· At least 6 years proven experience as Head of Research or in similar capacity
· Strong understanding of financial markets and the economy
· Degree/MBA/PhD in related field including finance, economics, mathematics or statistics
· Relevant professional qualifications in finance, and investment management (e.g. CIS, CFA, ACCA).
· Advanced understanding of equity and bond markets.
· Savvy about Nigerian Stock Exchange including but not limited to stock market trading, valuation, and other key metrics.
· Experience using key indicators of the Nigerian Economy such as inflation rate, GDP, Monetary Policy
· Strong analytics and financial modelling skills
Benefits of Working With Us
· Working remotely with one of the fastest growing online publications in Nigeria
· Healthcare benefits
· Competitive salary
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021
Location: Ikeja, Lagos