Manager: Finance Manager
- The Accounting team sits within the Shared Services unit of Aspire Power Solutions.
- Its purpose is to ensure that Aspire is financially sound so that we can continue to provide our customers with A Better Energy Experience. A Better Energy Experience means you can trust Aspire to be reliable, affordable, and innovative. Aspire is always there to power your dreams.
- The accounting team is responsible for tracking all Naira and dollars spent by the company across all of Aspire’s projects and processes, it is critical that we account for all of Aspire’s resources. Thus, Accounting is responsible for high quality execution in a way that allows the leadership team to make well-informed decisions.
1. Financial Reporting
i. Responsible for Account Payable Management processes:
Invoice creation from PO (Purchase Orders), ensuring accurateness and completeness.
Updated Financing clients’ records and ensuring timely payment
Invoices payment at agreed period with supplier
Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations (Monthly)
Assist in end of the month processes, financial analysis and modelling
Participate in Aspire’s auditing and budgeting
ii Responsible for Fixed Asset Accounting processes;
iii. Responsible for Inventory Accounting processes;
iv. Responsible for Management Reporting. First-Line Management Reporting
2. Financial Planning & Analysis
Provide support for Budget Control & Reporting
3. Treasury Management:
i. Provide support for Cash planning & analysis;
ii. Provide support for Working capital financing;
4. Financial & Accounting Systems/Control:
i. Project Budgeting- At the direction of Business Unit Directors, assist in project budgeting with the Project Analyst to ensure materials, logistics and profit are adequately provided for Proper control; preparation, review and documentation of supporting documents for payments and financial reports for projects, i.e. Invoices, POs and vouchers.
ii. Provide support for General Accounting structure, processes and policies.
5. Statutory Audit & Tax Management- VAT, With-holding Tax, CIT (Remitting and Filing of VAT and Withholding Tax)
i. Provide support during the process of Annual Audit
ii. Provide support for Tax clearance
Good communication skills (Ability to communicate clearly and attentive listening)
Basic knowledge of Financial processes and procedures (e.g GAAP)
Good decision-making skills
Good team player
Attention to details
Ability and willingness to learn
Problem solving and analytical skills
Good interpersonal skills (developed by working in similar or relevant role)
Ability to multi-task and take on additional responsibilities in line with the vision of the team
BSc/HND holder (in Accounting or related course)
Ability to speak and write English language
Comfortable using computers
Functional usage of Microsoft office (emphasis on word, excel & powerpoint)