A reputable and growing law firm is seeking to employ a highly skilled Corporate/Commercial Lawyer who is result-driven and client-focused, resourceful, innovative, hardworking with a passion for delivering exceptional legal services.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
- Prepare, negotiate, and review various commercial agreements and contracts, ensuring they align with legal standards of Nigerian and cross-border laws and regulations and protect the client's interests.
- Conduct thorough due diligence investigations to identify potential legal risks and provide strategic advice to clients during business transactions.
- Provide expert legal advice on corporate and commercial matters to clients, including but not limited to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate governance, commercial contracts, and compliance issues.
- Carry out filings at regulatory agencies including the Corporate Affairs Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commissions
- Organizing meetings of various natures including statutory meetings and recording minutes of meetings
- Protect the Clients against legal risks and violations.
- Participate in negotiations on behalf of clients, ensuring their interests are protected while reaching mutually beneficial agreements.
- Preparation of reports and write-ups on relevant issues in the corporate commercial world and ensuring Clients are up-to-date with changes in regulatory regimes.
- Regular engagements with Clients offline and online Provision of proper and regular updates to Clients
- Advising business structuring and restructuring and incorporation of various kinds of business entities
- Provide advice on intellectual property matters, including trademark and copyright registration, licensing, and protection of proprietary information.
- Provide general legal support to the team and assist in resolving corporate and commercial disputes through negotiation, mediation, or litigation when necessary.
- Processing licenses and permits and liaison with regulatory agencies
- Carry out other legal and compliance responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's degree in any related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years and above post-qualification experience with 3 years
experience as a Corporate/Commercial Lawyer in a reputable law firm.
- Proven expertise in Nigerian corporate and commercial laws, with a track record of handling complex transactions and providing strategic legal advice.
- Unwavering commitment to ethical standards and confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Self-driven and able to work independently and handle multiple tasks within given timelines.
- Strong interpersonal
and negotiation skills
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.