MoC is seeking a Partnerships Manager to contribute to MoC’s partnerships and sponsorship fundraising activities in Nigeria, for: (1) MoC’s Talent Search & Elite Athletics Competitions, (2) MoC’s Elite Athlete Management activities in Athletics & other sports, (3) MoC’s nation-building Athlete training & development activities under MoC Foundation:
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Competition Management: Sustain and extend MoC Competitions’ current positioning as the largest, most impactful Athletics events nationwide (for School Athletics) and continent-wide (for Elite Athletics), establishing the long-term legacy of annually achieving financial sustainability through fundraising from Corporate Sponsors. This includes developing the sponsorship pipeline for MoC’s existing Elite Athlete Competitions – MoC Grand Prix, MoC Relays, etc into an annual ‘African Athletics League for the continent’s best Athletes
- Elite Athlete Management: Seek Sponsorships for MoC’s management of Elite Athletes globally, building on MoC’s previous Athlete Management activities on the athletics circuit across Europe and Africa, and for Olympic Athletes at Rio 2016 and Tokyo 2020, as well as entering new areas such as supporting Nigerian and other African Athletes on the US Collegiate circuit now permitted to explore the management and marketing of their name, image, and likeness (NIL) rights. Expand MoC’s Athlete management across all Sports
- MoC Foundation: Seek Partnerships for MoC Foundation in Nigeria, continuing MoC’s Youth Athlete Development as MoC Athletics Academy, with initiatives such as Athletics Trials, Residential Track Club, Student-Athlete Scholarship, and the After School Athletics Programme (ASAP), to enable MoC’s continued nationwide impact in athlete recruitment and training. Monetize MoC Media’s sports writing, photography & videography activities to maintain its position as Africa’s leading Athletics Media platform and extend to other sports
- Given MoC’s strong reputation worldwide as a leading brand for Nigerian Athletes and for African Athletics Media and Competitions, the MoC Partnerships Manager role is a great opportunity for a leader who is passionate about sports, media, and events to contribute to the growth of the sponsorship pipeline for MoC’s Competition and Elite Athlete Management, as well as MoC’s Athlete Development work nationwide under MoC Foundation. The role requires a proactive, energetic candidate with prior experience fundraising in Nigeria for Corporate Sponsorships and/or experience in sports and/or event management. It’s an opportunity to play a pivotal role in the current Athletics resurgence across Nigeria leading to the Paris 2024 Olympics and beyond!
- A Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in any discipline
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience, including at least 2-3 years leading teams in a commercial or client-facing environment (particularly in sponsorship fundraising)
- Experience working in sports, media, or entertainment industries and/or a demonstrated passion or interest in Sports Event Management would be highly advantageous
- Experience in international development roles or prior experience in leading or running non-profit organizations in Nigeria would also be beneficial
- Prior Experience and interest in Athletics (Track & Field) are beneficial but not required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication abilities – excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills – and strong salesmanship, energy, and drive
- Proven track record of strong management and leadership skills in such areas as fostering teamwork, developing and motivating others, managing change, conflict resolution, initiative, and flexibility
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social, and political issues; Coalition building capabilities, external networking, and experience in developing strategic partnerships
- Ability to pragmatically solve problems, and plan a course of action using analytical, conceptual, strategic, and forward-thinking abilities to achieve an effective resolution.
- Strong visioning, strategic planning, implementation ability and effective under pressure (good time management skills), results-oriented and proactive with the ability to multi-task
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.