- To oversee the FIND IT, WIN IT, VOWD and ongoing Contractual support to the business.
- To identify opportunities for the business through Identifying opportunities, Bidding, Organic Growth, Mergers and Acquisition.
- To ensure that all offers made are technically doable and ensure that where there are gaps these are identified and included in the Commercial strategy.
- To ensure that all Contracts are profitable and entered into on terms that guarantee reasonable /projected return on investment (ROI).
- To develop opportunities that exist in the industry.
- To ensure the combined contribution in line with annual agreed budget is achieved.
- To oversee the Nigerian Content submission and ensure compliance with existent laws related to Nigerian content and directly associated matters.
- To undertake special projects as directed by the MD.
- To develop the Team
• Provides Strategic Direction and Integrative Coordination in the Planning, Development and Implementation of Short and Long-range Goals, Objectives, Policies and Operating Procedures.
• Monitors and evaluates Project Effectiveness and effects changes required for improvement.
• Establishes Funding and provides Operational Planning, Budgeting and Assessment.
• Serves as Principal Point of Collaboration, Leadership and Expertise to both Internal and External Constituencies on Professional and Operational Matters pertaining to the
Objectives and Work Scope of Projects.
• Provides Advanced Technical Leadership and Direction to Subordinates within broadly specified area of Professional Expertise.
• Attends project management meetings to understand issues that have developed and could have been resolved by improved definition of contract.
• Reviews all change requests out with contracted scope to client and commercial offerings.
• Monitors and controls allocation of Company Resources for effective, efficient and timely service delivery, in the Business Unit.
• Ensures provision of necessary resources required for timely Bid Delivery.
• Business Performance Monitoring.
• Ensures that all Corporate Objectives and Targets are met within the defined period.
• Ensures all Business Processes are monitored, and corrective actions are taken.
• Encourage a +/- Change Log to be maintained by Project for Trade off Liabilities (Insurance)
• Reviews all liabilities created within a Contract and ensures adequate provisions on Client requirements but more importantly considers cover required for the business
• Creates a Corporate Culture through Shared Vision with Management Team and builds Team with his Staff, directing the loyalty of Staff fully to the objectives of the Company.
• Creates an enabling environment that empowers Heads to undertake fundamental rethinking and radical Redesign of the Business Processes.
People Management & Coaching
• Oversees the supervision of Personnel, which includes Work Allocation, Training and Problem Resolution.
• Provides Leadership, guidance, and support to the organisation by motivating Personnel to achieve Peak Productivity and Performance.
• Provides a commercial consultancy role both to the MD & all Heads of units as required.
• Oral & Written Communication Skills (English Language)
• Organisational Awareness
• Customer Orientation
• Industry Knowledge
• Work Planning
• Proficiency in Remote Work
• Project Planning, Implementation and Control
• Knowledge of Engineering Materials
• Understands the Technical environment the Company works in, in order to offer solutions to Clients to attract in discussions
• Strategic Perspective
• Negotiation Skills
• Business and Financial Acumen
• Conflict Resolution
• Change Management
• Industry Awareness
• Office Management skills
Qualifications & Experience
• 1st Degree in Engineering/post graduate degree in Management.
• Minimum of 20 years of post-qualification experience; 10 of which must have been spent at Strategic level (Senior Management).
• Membership of relevant professional bodies.
• Should have a broad knowledge about business and the Nigerian economic environment.
• Adequate knowledge of the Nigerian economic environment.
• Must be confident and able to relate well with employees across all levels in the organisation.
• Must be well organised and demonstrate a high sense of urgency.
• Must possess strong attention to details and the ability to grasp information quickly.
• Must be able to cope with working long hours and be ready to travel (when necessary) for business meetings within a short notice.
• Must be able to work under extreme pressure
• Must be able to manage sensitive information.
• Job ownership.
• Always willing to step in for a Team member that is struggling
• Creativity and innovation.
• Quality of Negotiated Agreements.
• Effectiveness of Tendering Processes in Securing Contracts.
• Achievement of Short and Long-range Goals and Objectives.
• Timeliness in delivering Completed Projects.
• Effectiveness of Improvement Changes made on Business Processes.
• Business Performance against Industry Benchmarks.
• Expertise delivered in realising complex Project Objectives.
• Conformity of Projects delivered to Standards.
• Return on Investment for directorate presided over.
• Percentage increase in Revenue/Turnover in a given time period.
• Business Performance against Industry Benchmarks.
• Percentage of Customer Satisfaction.
• High level of awareness of the Brand.
• Rate of improvement of Business Processes.
• Percentage Achievement of Organisational Mission/Vision.
- Senior Manager Commercial
- Business Development Manager
- Tender Engineers
- Local Content Manager
- Contract Engineer (s)
- Cost Engineers