- Business Development Manager position is responsible for acquiring & managing clients, assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers towards the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
- The successful candidate will be a highly effective sales leader and be fully capable of managing own deals by navigating the customer through all facets of the sales process. The candidate will be a manager responsible for providing guidance to the Business Development Officer and ensuring all due diligence is completed and portfolio growth is achieved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- 1.Developing growth strategies and plans
- 2.Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
- 3.Increasing client base
- 4.Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- 5.Writing business proposals
- 6.Negotiating with stakeholders
- 7.Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- 8.Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- 9.Following industry trends locally and internationally
- 10.Drafting and reviewing contracts
- 11.Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with an Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Commercial Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in a Business Development Role (with experience in the financial services sector a plus).
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Understanding of credit risk and country risk management process.
- Understanding of credit risk mitigation and financing mechanisms.
- Strong financial and credit analysis skills and undertakes detailed data analysis.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Broad knowledge of applicable statutes, laws, and regulations that govern banking and lending in Nigeria.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Investments or related Business discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects including considerable experience meeting commercial milestones (i.e. achieving revenue or profit targets).
- Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs.
- Outstanding communication skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience regardless of the final credit decision.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills including the ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite