Reporting to the Managing Partner of the Firm, the Associate Solicitor will work effectively with other professionals and paralegals to provide rigorously - developed solutions to client problems in a timely and cost-effective manner, in the principal areas of Dispute Resolution, Corporate and Commercial Law, Wills, Trusts and Succession, Banking, and Real Estate & Construction, amongst others. Candidate must be willing to put in long hours in an environment that prizes loyalty, discipline, and continuous learning and growth. A high sense of responsibility is a sine qua non.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Receiving instructions for new work; organization of matters; conducting document review and fact-finding; carrying out thorough legal research and preparation of cases including drafting of court processes and other legal documents; trial preparation; courtroom advocacy. Appellate practice includes drafting notices and grounds of appeal and motions; and compiling records of appeal.
- Preparing persuasive and well-researched written addresses and briefs of argument in courts of first instance and on appeal.
- Conducting criminal litigation.
- Communicating with clients daily - in writing, orally, and in face-to-face meetings.
- Supervising para legal and juniors.
- Efficient time management, planning specific matters as well as overall weekly activities; cross-selling, and up-selling of services.
- Developing articles on legal topics.
- Project Planning for matters assigned for timely results; negotiating with clients and third parties; reviewing and drafting of commercial agreements.
- Incorporating companies using the Corporate Affairs Commission portal; filing changes to corporate entities; attending board meetings and acting as Company Secretary; giving advice and writing opinions on the areas of law handled by the Firm, including Disputes and ADR; Corporate Governance; Contracts; Real Property; Intellectual Property; Banking / Finance; and Taxation.
- Drafting of wills, applying for probate and letters of administration, and generally providing Private Client Services.
- Liaising with officials of various registries and government departments including Magistrate's Courts, the Federal and State High Courts, the National Industrial Court, the Court of Appeal, Probate Registries, and Land Registries.
- A second-class honors (upper) degree in Law at the University and/ or the Nigerian
- A track record of 3 years of litigation experience is required.
- Law School with a minimum of a second-class honors degree in either institution.
- A master's degree and/or a qualification as a Chartered Secretary, Chartered Tax Practitioner, or Associate of the Business Recovery and Insolvency
- Practitioners Association of Nigeria would be an added advantage.
- Strong attention to detail, commercial awareness, a good command of the English language, and excellent writing and speaking ability.
- Candidate must be meticulous and well-organized, a thorough researcher, and a rigorous thinker.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of risks in various contexts.
- Promptness and time-consciousness, caring for clients, efficiency, and financial discipline. Leadership experience and the ability to work well in a team are highly valued.
- A strategic and forward-thinking mindset is essential.
- Because this is an on-site position, dress and appearance are important and the standards of the legal profession in Nigeria in this regard must be adhered to.
- Efficiency using the suite of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Remuneration: NGN 200,000 monthly
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.