Assistant General Manager, Mines Operations
Management & Business Development
The ideal candidate will coordinate and control the mining operations in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:18 years
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- ·Oversee the activities of heavy equipment operators, drillers, blasters, and other workers in mining ·
- Ensure the implementation of short-term production plans and targets are achieved.
- Coordinate the preparation and ensure adherence to mine plans and schedules
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors to resolve problems and co-ordinate activities.
- Develop and maintain the life of mine plans for all operations with input from all operations and manage the successful implementation of these plans
- Ensure that all the raw material tons requirements for the factory at the correct quality aims are continually met without negatively affecting the mining equipment utilisations. ·
- Coordinate with the Head, Mines to set production quotas, to plan extraction sites, and to develop policies for the removal of raw materials. ·
- Monitor operational performance against budget and recommend operational changes to senior management when necessary to ensure that production quotas and procedures are met. ·
- Ensure that all safety, health, and environmental legal and defined standards are adhered to. ·
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity. ·
- Prepare production and other reports for review by the Head, Mines. ·
- Ensure adherence to safety regulations and laid down policies and procedures. ·
- Supervise, train, and evaluate engineers, technicians, operators, or other mine personnel.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned but the Head, Mines from time to time
Education and Work Experience
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering (Mining) or a related discipline.
- A minimum of eighteen (18) years of work experience in mining operations.
Skills and Competencies
- In-depth understanding of mining principles and practices.
- Well-developed personnel management skills.
- Excellent investigative, analytical, problem-solving and lateral thinking skills to improve mining operation practices.
- Very good business skills to allow the delivery of a cost-effective Mines operations.
- Excellent communication, people management and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.