Harbour Human Capital Solutions (HHCS) Limited on behalf of its client, a Parish of one of the leading Churches in Nigeria located in Ikoyi Lagos, is currently recruiting to fill the position of assistant church accountant
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Record and safekeeping all offerings/receivables on service days.
- Manage and sight source documents of all payments.
- Ensure an accurate filing process.
- Attend to banking visits as when due, for deposit and withdrawal of funds, monthly PAYE tax and pension payment, etc
- Maintain and update the asset register.
- Prepare income and expenditure accounts, also bank reconciliation statements.
- Issuance of pay advice slips to the main staff.
- Minimum academic qualification of a degree in Accounting from a recognized university
- 3 years experience preferably in a church office or in the public or private sector.
- Good skill in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong quantitative analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of building and maintaining an effective process
- Strong capacity to align with internal control processes and compliance with laid down policies and procedures
- Strong time management skills and ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent leadership qualities – must have a good understanding of church values and have the capacity to comply with all requirements of the role
- Bible College or School Of Disciple certification is desirable and will be an advantage
- Ability to deal with matters of confidentiality and sensitivity and flexibility to work with limited Supervision.
- Willingness to support other staff to achieve corporate goals.
- Excellent level of creativity and capacity to develop innovative ideas.
Applications close on 1st December 2022 and subsequently, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.