- Periodically audit sales reports submitted by location management;
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required;
- Handle customer and employee accounts receivable;
- Keep management informed of area/department performance and raise any significant problems;
- Maintain files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings;
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information or to correct transactions;
- Post data to sales journal;
- Prepare requisitions for office, computer, and routine supply purchases;
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes;
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers;
- Oversee the management of inventory and administrative requests of the company
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses;
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations;
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software;
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software
to record, store, and analyze information;
- Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers;
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
Qualifications and requirements
- B.Sc. or HND in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualifications;
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, and to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Ability to monitor or assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organization to make improvements or take corrective action.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured