A Bachelor's degree or equivalent holder with three years’ experience of general accounting and knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
This individual will be responsible for accurate financial record keeping, using various accounting software to record and process expenditures, receipts, payroll and other financial transactions. The position requires solid accounting experience combined with strong analytical skills, work ethic and organizational skills.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping/ petty cash and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare financial model to forecast business financial performance
- Perform daily bank reconciliations and reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Financial reports.
- Process payroll for employees
- A proven track record of academic and professional excellence
- B.sc/HND in Accounting
- ICAN certified or about to conclude
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Excellent Mathematical and computational skills
- Experienced and skilled in reconciliation
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Excellent computer skills: experience in accounting software (Xero), Expensify, SAGE, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.