- Report to the Program Coordinator/Educational Director
- Engage in learning activities for individuals or groups of children, either for in-person or online learning.
- Develop appropriate learning plans for individual/group sessions for physical classes in schools during the week and at the centre on Saturdays.
- Inspire and mentor children to engage in productive activities like reading, writing, speaking.
- Assist pupils in the use of resources including IT.
- Maintain pupils’ interests and motivation.
- Support individuals and group work assigned by the teacher in raising core skills.
- Support individual education plans.
- To be aware of pupils’ problems, achievements, progress and report to the Educational Director.
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Establish a constructive relationship with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the Instructor.
- Monitor pupils’ responses to learning activities and record achievement/progress as directed.
- Provide regular feedback to parents on pupils’ achievement, progress and problems.
- Promote good pupils’ behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents and reporting in line with organisation policy.
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers.
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, equal opportunities, health and safety, security, confidentiality data protection and reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Contribute to the overall ethos /work/aims of the team and organisation.
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
- To develop literary and educational content for the website and social media posts.
- NCE holder/B.A or B.Sc. Graduate
- Have a flair for working with children
- Lives in Lekki or environs
- 2 years teaching experience required
- Preschool teaching experience is an added advantage
- Experience in Montessori and/or Jolly phonics teaching of phonics reading is an added advantage