Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement short/long term strategies for the bank and/or business groups
- Define and develop strategic initiatives with a focus on research, analysis and recommendation development
- Translation of the bank’s long-term strategy for the annual strategic review/refresh cycle
- Develop recommendations for senior management on high-priority initiatives based on a thorough review of business drivers
- Facilitate project management for implementation of strategic initiatives across the bank to materially improve the effectiveness and performance of the bank
- Develop reports/presentations for the Board and senior management including research related to macroeconomic indicators, banking industry and relevant policies, competitive landscape, emerging trends, market sectors, etc.
- Coordinate and supervise detailed competitive, market, trend, economic and financial analysis to inform strategic decisions
- Conduct quarterly/annual business review sessions
- Cultivate effective collaboration and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of strategic initiatives (Key internal stakeholders include Business units – Retail, SME, Commercial, Corporate, Treasury, Technology, Operations, HR, Brand & Communications)
Key Performance Indicators
- A positive appraisal from the Head of Strategy, EXCO and other relevant stakeholders
- Execution of specific projects as assigned, and achievement of key metrics set by the CEO
- Execution of projects within agreed timelines, budget and desired outcomes
- Timely submission of high-quality reports to relevant committees/CEO/Board.
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders for the successful execution of key strategic initiatives.
- Positive performance using to-be established Strategy and IR scorecard/metrics for the bank
- Minimum education level – First degree with a minimum of 2nd class upper
- Second degree in related field will be an added advantage
- Membership of relevant professional body is mandatory
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience with a minimum of 3 years in financial services and/or /management consulting firm.
Key Competency Requirements
- Working knowledge of our business offerings
- Working knowledge of strategy, process improvement, business analysis
- Good knowledge of the Banking & Financial services landscape in Nigeria
- Understanding of emerging trends and best practices
- Strong analytical and business case development
- Strategic thinking and structured problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Project Management
- Documentation/Reporting Skills
- Good Relationship management and interrelationship skills
- General managerial/ administration
- Leadership capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Natural curiosity with a consistent drive to learn and push the envelope.
- Thinks outside the box and dares to always be different