To successfully manage all contract bidding process and the pre-contract QS team, to ensure all bidding projects remain on budget, identify areas of cost overruns and/or savings and minimize effect at an early stage.
- Serve as an interface between the potential clients and the company
- liaise with the Commercial Manager to ensure all Request for pre-contract manual Prequalification and Expression of Interest are timely attended to.
- Present any Invitation to Tender to the General Manager for Management's decision.
- Allocate the available tenders on ground to the departmental personnel to work on.
- Release from time to time the list of tenders being worked on and the submitted tenders for management's action and necessary follow up.
- Update the rates for bill items according to the market trends
- Collect from time to time from procurement department and vendors, the current market updates of various construction items.
- Be actively involved in the tendering process; pricing of bill, collection of quotations from vendors etc.
- Ensure a thorough check on the works done by other members of the team before they are passed to the General Manager for further checking.
- When a project is eventually awarded to the company; collate all the documents like the Contract drawings, the contract Bill of Quantities, the Quotations of the vendors used in pricing the bill, the Contract Conditions, the award letter and all other necessary documents in hard and soft copies, hands over same to the Post-Contract Unit for Post-Contract Management.
- Cascade and align organizational goals with departmental direction.
- Responsibility for driving the team’s welfare, development and team exposure in close collaboration with HR.
- Liaising with existing staff members, managers, supervisors, and clients in order to achieve set goals.
- Observing, analyzing, and offering suggestions on current departmental operations.
- Assisting with recruitment, training, and onboarding processes for new hires within the department.
- Establishing professional relationships with clients, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring all health and safety, as well ascompany regulations are followed by your team at all times.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Masters qualification + BSc/ HND Quantity Surveying, or similar
- MNIQS is a must-have Experience
- 12 Years minimum experience as a quantity surveyor in a construction company.
- Have put a minimum of 30 tenders together from start to finish in an excellent manner
- Core Competencies:
- Able to read, interpret and work on different types of drawings e.g Structural, Architectural, MEP and Takeoff for Quantities and prepare BOQ, build-up rates,
- Have good knowledge and interpretation of Standard Contract Conditions e.g JCT, FIDIC and prepare Claims.
- Excellent understanding of the tendering process.
- Able to write a fluent method statement, programme of work.
- Able to prepare cash flow projection.
- Abel to manage a minimum of 3 team members.
- Thorough in preparation of EOI and technical documents.
- Peripheral Competencies:
- Have negotiation skills,
- Has a good understanding of the management of Teamwork
- Ability to coach and mentor subordinates
- High Level of Professionalism
- Team Player
- Computer Literacy; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Project Drafting Software