Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Approaches potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings; speaking publicly to community groups on financial well-being.
- Determines clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining the extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals.
- Develops a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term implementation.
- Obtains underwriting approval by completing an application for coverage.
- Completes coverage by delivering policy; planning future follow-up visits and evaluations of needs.
- Provides continuing service by providing annual reviews; processing changes in beneficiary and policy loan applications.
- Provides death benefits by delivering policy proceeds to beneficiaries.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; agency meetings and review sessions; maintaining personal networks; participating in seminars, workshops and trainings
- Enhances agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Money motivation
- Work discipline
- Financial acumen
- Technology savvy
- Numerical aptitude
- entrepreneurial bent of mind
- Presentable; Communication skills
- Work experience in a reputed organization
- Entrepreneurial aptitude
- Proven track record of success
- Mature; Responsible; Honest
- Motivated for higher income
- Degree – qualified in any field of study
- Work experience in a company of repute
- Experience in working with and through people Background of Sales or Financial sector or running own business will be an advantage