Core working relationships:
- Customer service team
- Technical Team
- Logistics and Procurement Team
- Account Team
- Marketing Team
- Identifying and engaging prospects, follow up on business opportunities
- Initiating and maintaining profitable relationships with new/ existing customers
- Introducing new/ existing products to prospective clients
- Negotiating contracts, initiating proposals, and closing deals
- Prospecting potential new clients and converting into increased business
- Designing and implementing a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base
- Meeting with potential customers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging the network.
- Identifying potential customers within the client organization and setting up meetings with the decision-makers.
- Negotiating and advising on pricing for customer requests.
- Presenting new products and other services, building new and enhancing existing relationships.
- Work with the Production, Procurement and Store teams to ensure customer orders are met.
- Follow up with customers on orders delivered to ensure clients satisfaction.
- Attend industry functions, such as exhibitions, conferences, workshops, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with the senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submission of weekly progress reports and ensuring all data reported are accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s database or other sales management system.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet set targets.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competitors’ status
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with customers and understanding their needs.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current trends (Market Knowledge)
- Excellent social skills
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid knowledge of digital technologies including those involving content management, web analytics, search engine marketing and email marketing
- Able to develop strong value propositions consistent with customer needs
- Ability to connect strategic thinking and planning with hands-on tactical execution
- Project Management Skills and Proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Sales and Marketing— Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer Service— Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- A Degree in Marketing communications, social sciences, or Business Administration.
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Sales role