As a sales executive, your duties will differ if you’re working in B2B or B2C sales.
In B2B sales, you’ll need to:
- build good working relationships
- understand the needs of your business customers
- research the market and related products
- Present the product or service favorably and in a structured professional way face-to-face.
In B2C sales, your responsibilities include:
- listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale
- maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- cold call to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- respond to incoming email and phone inquiries
- act as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales
- gather market and customer information
- challenge any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- advise on forthcoming product developments and discuss special promotions
- create detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- check the quantities of goods on display and in stock
- make accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations.
For both roles, you’ll be required to:
- negotiate on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- liaise with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders
- record sales and order information, sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system
- represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- feed future buying trends back to employers
- review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- attend team meetings and share best practices with colleagues.
You’ll need to have:
- the ability and desire to sell
- excellent communication skills
- a positive, confident and determined approach
- resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- a high degree of self-motivation and ambition
- the skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- the capability to flourish in a competitive environment
- a good level of numeracy
- Minimum of H.N.D
2 years of working experience in field marketing/sales.
- We will be offering extensive on-the-job training within 3 weeks of joining. Also available is a mentorship program with a qualified sales and business development expert in the first 3 months of the job.