- Portion, arrange, and garnish food in an organised and timely manner
- Prepare fantastic soups before the arrival of guests
- Season food according to recipes or company needs
- Check food and ingredients for freshness.
- Devise new recipes
- Alter dishes based on consumer suggestions or requirements
- Ensure that all ingredients needed are In tact at the start and close of work
- Assist Chef during the food assembly process
- Stay open until the last customer leaves
- Ensure cleanliness of working environment and self at all times
- Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communication skills between kitchen staff, waitresses and management at all points in time
- Good team working skills
- Culinary Arts training experience
- Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.