It includes but is not limited to the following:
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns for CIPPON
- Establishing and promoting social media pages and increasing the institute’s followership
- Writing and producing presentations and press releases on behalf of the institute
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations
- Organizing promotional events such as press conferences, exhibitions, tours and visits to the institute and by the institute to other organisations.
- Presenting authorised communique publicly.
- Providing clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- Acting as the spokesperson for the institute when directed
- Designing, writing and/or producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house’ journals, reports, publicity brochures, information for websites and promotional videos.
- Act as Personal Assistant to the President of the Institute by providing him with the necessary administrative support.
Qualification: Minimum of HND/BSC in Public Relations/ Marketing/Media or other related fields
-APCON membership and other related public relations professional membership is an added advantage
-Minimum of 3 years of work experience
Key skills for public relations officers
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Smart, Confident and Articulate
- Expert in social media management
- Good IT skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to take Initiative
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Awareness of different media agendas
- Highly Creative.
- High ethical standards & confidentiality
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines