Bridgemead Consulting is a holistic and innovative business consultancy that believes in connecting businesses with the right individuals. We are recruiting on behalf of our client, a versatile wholesale store selling a wide range of products, for the position of Procurement Officer. We are seeking a procurement officer to oversee purchasing activities of our client organization and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The procurement officer's responsibilities include maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.To be successful as a procurement officer you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, as the procurement officer, you should be able to ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
- Minimum Qualification: HND
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Oversee all activities of the purchasing department.
- Establish business partnerships with suppliers.
- Negotiate with external vendors and maintain good supplier relations.
- Monitor and analyze key functional metrics that help minimize costs.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies.
- Enforce the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Review, analyze, and approve products and services to be purchased.
- Manage inventories and maintain accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintain and update supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Prepare budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- BSc in Accounting, Business Management, or other relevant courses
- Minimum 3 years + work experience as a Procurement Officer or similar role.
- Proven work experience in the FMCG industry, within a supermarket (added advantage).
- Solid knowledge of purchasing software, and third-party management software.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Suites.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Financial and numerical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and negotiating skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work autonomously.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.