We seek to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position. The candidate will diagnose and treat ocular disease. Prescribe, fit, and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids. Recommend appropriate patient follow-up and care options. Answer questions and provide advice to patients regarding vision and optical issues.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: No Experience/Less than 1 year
- Speak to patients to get detailed case histories from them
- Examine patients' eyes to detect vision defects and signs of injury, disease or abnormality
- Manage and monitor some eye conditions, either autonomously or alongside other healthcare professionals
- Detect signs and symptoms of general health conditions such as diabetes
- Fit spectacles or contact lenses
- Discuss vision-related matters with patients, and offer advice and reassurance
- Offer help and advice to patients when choosing frames and lenses
- Liaise with and write referral letters to doctors and other optometrists with higher qualifications
- Manage and prescribe medicines for people with eye conditions
- Bachelor's degree in Medicine
- Must have completed NYSC
- Must have a practicing certificate
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Proficiency in using collaboration and productivity tools
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.