We seek to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position. Under the supervision of the Founder and the Chief Medical Director the Medical officer provides general medical direction and supervision of the medical aspects of participant care. The medical officer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of medical policies and procedures/standards and protocols. They provide direction and supervision to nurses and other caregivers.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
- Conduct history and physicals on new patients develop a medical treatment plan and provide medically necessary services in-house.
- Interview and evaluate potential patients and develop a protocol for field nurses to use in assessing the appropriateness of the client for admission.
- Discuss each patient's medical conditions and prognosis with him/her and their caregiver to assist them in expressing their wishes and planning their future care.
- Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within the facility.
- Collaborate in the nursing treatment program of patients.
- Participate in team and family conferences and decision-making processes.
- Educate participants and families regarding health maintenance and their chronic medical conditions, in cooperation with nursing staff.
- Supervise the health care and treatment program as developed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Perform physical examinations, order and evaluate appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests, and record results in a systematic manner.
- Participates in provider on-call rotation as required.
- Current and active physician license to practice in Lagos State.
- At least 5 years experience in Internal Medicine and or Geriatrics.
- Minimum of 3 years of documented experience working with a frail, elderly population or medically fragile community will be a plus.
- Experience or added qualifications in other areas of medicine will be a plus.
- CPR Certification is required.
- Previous supervisory experience is required but not mandatory.
- Effective skills in physical assessment and chronic disease management for frail older adults.
- Desire to work in a creative alternate health care setting.
- Able to manage changing priorities according to participant needs.
- Any other duty assigned by the medical director.
- Medical insurance.
- Paid vacation
- Life insurance.
- A tiered and achievable bonus package is also available after 2 years of employment.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.