WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status, physical or mental disability.
This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging position within a multicultural and interdisciplinary team, based in a unique location, on a highly relevant topic. In addition, we offer:
➡️Meaningful and impactful careers: Our daily work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
➡️ Continuous learning and training.
➡️ A multicultural and supportive work environment.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to contribute to achieving Zero Hunger and harnessing the global partnership as defined in the Sustainable Development Goals. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education:A Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Accounting, Commerce, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance or other closely related fields .
Experience:At least six (6) or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in data management, logistics management, Port operations and customs clearance processes, Technical assistance and coordination or other related field
Skills:Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) at a level appropriate for representation. Good knowledge of Supply chain management and optimization, Market analysis, contract management and operational execution Warehouse and inventory management Technical assistance and coordination High level of integrity, good character, transparency and rigor in management. Ability to work as part of a team.
Languages:Fluency in both oral and written French and intermediate knowledge (level B) in English.
WFP’s strategy in Benin for the period of 2019–2023 is aligned with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Government’s national development plan for 2018–2025 and the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) for Benin for 2019–2023. It’s based on the 2018 zero hunger strategic review recommendations, evaluations and lessons learned from previous programmes.
WFP use an integrated approach, institutional capacity strengthening and partnerships to support the Government in addressing food insecurity at the household, community and individual levels, focusing on four axes:school feeding under an integrated nutrition-sensitive, multisectoral approach (with linkages to social protection, education, health, agriculture, hygiene and sanitation); nutrition assistance, with an emphasis on the prevention of malnutrition, including micronutrient deficiencies among children and pregnant and lactating women and girls; institutional capacity strengthening, with home-grown school feeding as an entry point for promoting local food production, particularly in support of smallholder farmers, especially women; assistance to populations affected by crises in Benin during and after crises.
WFP works with government, other UN agencies, NGOs, private sector companies and others to mobilize resources, find innovative solutions and reach vulnerable communities in Benin.
Under the general supervision of the Head of Supply Chain and the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer, the Logistics Associate will be responsible for the analysis and production of reports in order to maximize the efficiency of the management and quality of data in the Logistics Execution Support System (LESS), and their reliability in order to guarantee better managerial decision-making.
He/she will be responsible for providing expert / specialist support to sub-office focal points or any other user of the system, ensuring that procedures are followed by all to enable efficient delivery of food aid
At this level, job holder demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders typically manage a small team, supervising and coaching staff.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide specialized support to operations and logistics activities, following standard procedures and contributing directly to the efficient delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
2. Coordinate with the Logistics Officer the timely delivery of food to the various distribution sites and schools, and monitor the contractual activities of logistics service providers for port arrivals and in-country movements, including performance monitoring and evaluation.
3. Participate actively in the collection of market information and in evaluations of service providers (carriers, freight forwarders, etc.) to facilitate their selection and inclusion on WFP shortlists.
4. Identify, respond to and/or make recommendations regarding technical inquiries and requests for assistance, using initiative and following standard procedures, to ensure prompt and accurate processing of all requests for information with a high level of customer service.
5. Assist in the quality and integrity control of food accounting data.
6. Analyze operational supply chain and contribute to operational assessments and planning for all execution modalities to ensure supply chain requirements are considered.
7. Manage the processing of documentation relating to the execution of logistics operations (Port, Transport, handling, ...), take the necessary steps to resolve operational problems and escalate them to the line manager.
8. Ensure that the performance evaluation of carriers is systematically carried out no later than 1 month after the last truck has been loaded.
9. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to help manage logistics operations and contribute to efficient service delivery.
10. Establish and maintain a database of contracted freight rates necessary for the creation of Purchases orders, preparation and review of FTC budget as well as any other analysis as required;
11. In coordination with the Logistics Manager and on the basis of the distribution plan and the approved transport allocation plan, ensure that purchase orders are created on time in the LESS system and approved by management;
12. Coordinate with colleagues in the field to create loading orders in the LESS system for "STO" transport upon receipt of FRN (Food Release Notes) and transfer plan or any other document approved by management, as well as the creation of waybills for all loads.
13. Monitor deliveries by setting up a database giving the daily position of trucks and other means of transport during the delivery period, from WFP or partner facilities to distribution sites or any other destination, and on a daily basis submit a truck monitoring report to line management;
14. On a weekly basis, produce a report on documents opened or partially executed in LESS and WINGS (STO, PO and SES) and make recommendations on the necessary actions to be taken and follow up on the clean-up of documents deemed unnecessary;
15. Coordinate with freight forwarders and Superintendent for timely transmission of maritime documents relating to expected arrivals at port, monitor operations from vessel berthing, unloading/unloading and delivery to WFP stores or any other destination designated by WFP, ensuring that repackaging of commodities arriving in damaged packaging is completed prior to removal of last cargo from port to WFP store. Produce reports as soon as foodstuffs have been removed from the port.
16. Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisor.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
PurposeUnderstand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field. Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity. Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact. Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
PeopleLook for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports. Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit. Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team. Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
PerformanceEncourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work. Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately. Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team. Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
PartnershipConnect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field. Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners. Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives. Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Supply Chain Management and Optimization Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners. Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals. Information Management & Reporting Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends. Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently. Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation. Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
WHY WORK WITH US?
TO SAVE AND CHANGE LIVES ❤ Make a difference, the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight global hunger and fuel dreams of a better future.
TO JOIN A GLOBAL COMMUNITY Build bridges that unite people around the world. Being part of a global, diverse, and multicultural community like WFP will constantly expose you to innovative ideas and perspectives. The way we carry out our mission with a deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between each member of our global team will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on many levels.
UNLIMITED OPPORTUNITIES Unlock opportunities you never thought you would find. WFP goes wherever it's needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Go beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers life-changing experiences that you probably won't find in many other organizations.
Join us in making a difference, watch this video to learn more about us!!!
Click ‘ Apply’ link below to start the application process. Candidate are requested to create an account in WFP E-Recruitment system before applying.
Please also include your CV with a cover letter, highlighting your motivation and suitability for this vacancy, as part of an online application.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary and medical insurance.Only Beninese nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written test an interview.
WFP DOES NOT RECEIVE FEES AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT AND DOES NOT REQUIRE BANKING INFORMATION.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
September 10, 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.