The Legal Manager will be the primary contact for legal matters for SmartCash Payment Service bank. He/She will be responsible for the management of the Company Secretariat, including arranging all Board meetings, Board Committee meetings, corporate filings, and Annual General Meetings; drafting and review of contracts for the Company, review and keeping a record of all litigation matters against the company and send all reports required in this regard. He/She shall be responsible for organizing the legal documents of the Company as well as attending to requests from Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:8 years
- Preparation of Notices of General Meetings, Board of Directors meetings, and Board Committee meetings;
- Collation and preparation of Board papers from various internal teams (Board Pack);
- Attending, advising, and preparation of the Minutes of the Meetings of the Board of Directors, Committees of the Board;
- Drafting of all Board Resolutions including written resolutions;
- Preparation of and responding to correspondence to the Company from various sources;
- Receiving and recording all litigation filed by or against the Company and ensuring that the matters are assigned to Solicitors
- Maintaining and updating Statutory Registers of the Company such as the register of members, the register of Directors, the register of Director's interest in shares, the register of Directors shareholding, and the minute book.
- Filing of all Statutory Annual Returns at the Corporate Affairs Commission;
- Drafting, and review, and storing all contracts for the Company.
- Preparation of Director's Remuneration schedules and ensuring prompt payment of Director’s remunerations;
- Liaising with Non-Executive Directors and Shareholders representatives and generally handling issues that relate to their welfare;
- Ensuring smooth relations and interface with other Divisions within the Company on Company Secretarial matters and corporate documents and records.
- Ensuring that the Company meets all Governance requirements stipulated in the Companies and Allied Matters Act and other relevant legislation.
- Preparation, collation, and filing of Quarterly Compliance Certificate return to Head Office and Regulators as at when due.
- Any other responsibility which may be assigned to him/her by the Director.
- Support Businesses with commercial partnerships
- Support the SC PSB MD in the implementation of the company's strategy and participate in projects and initiatives as and when required
- Help bring efficiencies to the Company's Legal practice of law, e.g., help develop project management and processes to improve the Group's ability to service its internal and external clients efficiently and in a cost-effective manner
- Draft, negotiate, maintain and update the company's Legal contracts with the ultimate goal of ensuring that a comprehensive set of first-class know-how materials and templates
- Support the procurement team with the Contract Management System of the Company.
- Support SC PSB Commercial and Product team with contract negotiation towards minimizing liabilities and adverse exposure for the Company.
- Minimize Litigation/disputes and financial exposure for the Company
- Accountable for sound management of SC PSB disputes. Including requests from Law Enforcement Agencies, pre-litigation, and litigation management.
- Management of case files, settlements, reporting requirements (monthly legal register, show cause notice register), and external counsel’ engagement in line with AM Group retention policy.
- Minimum academic qualification of Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or equivalents such as BA (Law) or J.D
- Call to the Nigerian Bar (BL);
- A Master of Laws (LLM) degree may be an added advantage
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years of practice and experience in law in a commercial setting or law firm with corporate practice.
- Candidate must have up-to-date knowledge of Company Law, Commercial litigation; in-depth knowledge of company secretarial matters, and contract/commercial drafting.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet concurrent deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to drive change
- Strong work ethic with a positive “get it done “attitude.
- Sound Computer skills (including word processing, use of databases and search tools)
- Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Organizational skill and attention to detail,
- Ability to take difficult and unpopular decisions at short notice and communicate such
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- People management skills;
- Team focused attitude
- Honesty, integrity, and commitment to the common goals and values of the organization;
- Confident, team worker, a voracious reader with an analytical mind, a desire to excel, and a passion for legal work and fintech
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.