Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and Technical Supervision of the Information Resource Assistant (IRA) in the Country Office in close collaboration with the Emergency Coordinator.
The Position's primary focus is on the areas of IT support and local IT operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), and helpdesk. Performs a variety of information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of the corporate IT services. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the IT support and operation, in particular with the regional ISD in order to achieve desired results.
The incumbent is accountable for the IT support and operation at the level of the FAO Emergency Response Programmes in the North East of the Country. She/he is responsible to understand the corporate setup, rules, regulations and policy and fulfill all the needed competences, skills and certifications needed.
Tasks and responsibilities
The IT Assistant will provide support in the following areas:
- User support
• Assist in the presentation of display materials and Video Conferencing events;
• Provide first line desktop support to users regarding hardware, software and network/internet issues
• Raise tickets for all IT related incidents in the Emergency office
• Receive, log and monitor requests related to IT matters concerning the Emergency Programmes, in the Service Desk System, resolve IT-related issues pertaining to FAO standard equipment, escalate those issues that cannot be solved to the IRA in the Country Office, monitor progress and resolution.
• Provide support to missions to the Emergency offices,
- Network and connectivity
• Maintain an adaptable and effective office network infrastructure (LAN and WAN)
• Maintain the office technology and technical specification of the network infrastructure (LAN and WAN);
• Ensure security of the network by following security policies and report problems when they are detected.
- IT Equipment
• Keep track of IT assets and maintain the local office IT inventory list up-to-date;
• Monitor IT the use of FAO ICT equipment in accordance with the Organization’s rules
• Assist to assign new equipment to Emergency staff
• Support the IT Services according to the current policies and regulations, ensuring the timely provision of the Post Incident Report (PIR) to the Country office;
• Troubleshoot requests related to IT hardware, software and services issues, reporting and recording accordingly
• Manage all troubleshooting through helpdesk, prepare proper logs and keep records of completed tasks on the helpdesk ticketing tracking system.
- Planning and proactive work
• Support the Country IRA in providing all the needed assistance to the Emergency office in a timely manner (IT Management and Support matters);
• Identify the future needs in the office in terms of equipment, connectivity and informing the Country office;
• Prepare a Disaster and Incident recovery plan and ensure users are informed about the planning, execution, lesson learnt and proposed improvements;
• Be aware of all the IT Division policies and ensure to follow them accordingly.
• Quarterly report on all IT services, Internet, emails, laptop/desktop systems;
• Quarterly report on physical condition of IT equipment providing timely reports to the Country office for IT record.
- Other tasks
• Provide IT assistance to staff and visitors for organizational related issues;
• Perform any other duty assigned by the IRA related with the IT Services;
• Stay committed and ready to take-up any assignment given by supervisor and senior management (FAOR).
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree or Higher National diploma (HND) in any of the following fields: Information Systems or Information Technology or Computer Sciences or other closely related fields with
- UNDSS Information Security Awareness – Foundational;
- MD- exam of the Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certification
• At least 4 years of relevant work experience in ICT Support services including 2 years within UN agencies would be advantageous.
• Working knowledge of English.
• National of Nigeria.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Networking and IT Equipment support experience;
• Experience in MS O platform support;
• Hands on experience in Microsoft O, systems installation and configuration;
• Strong understanding of desktop and laptop hardware set-up and configuration;
• Prior work experience gained in a Service Desk client orientated environment;
• Good communication skills;
Additional certifications :
• Other relevant Microsoft and Apple certifications would be desirable
• Cisco CCNA certified would be desirable
• ITIL v3 certification would be desirable
Candidates with lower qualification but with compensating experience and proven competence can apply.
• Qualifications & Experience
• Working with others
• Organizational skills
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONFAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing) Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.