1. Strategic Planning and Implementation Monitoring:
- Drive the strategic planning process for the business including ensuring effective implementation planning and execution.
- Monitor business improvement projects ensuring alignment with the overarching objectives
- Develop and deploy a framework for monitoring and reporting the progress of strategic initiatives.
- Co-ordinate periodic business review sessions to track business operational performance in line with the PES mission leadership philosophy & Corporate Mission.
2. Corporate Development:
- Establish and lead a robust and comprehensive process to identify and evaluate potential opportunities. This will include a rigorous idea generation and screening process that will bring quality business and investment ideas to the PES management team.
- Collaborate with the leadership team and the LMs to identify corporate development opportunities in a progressive and systematic fashion.
- Drive engagement with functional heads to keep an ongoing flow of ideas that is aligned with the overall business objectives. The role will be responsible for developing an appropriate assessment framework for the ideas as well as for driving the implementation of opportunities that have been identified to be viable.
- Provide general transaction and analytic support to BD team including the creation of summaries and presentation materials to communicate recommendations to senior management and other internal stakeholders.
- Provide inputs for an effective opportunity/profitability assessment during and after contract signing processes to ensure the deals make strategic sense, fit with the forward-looking business plans, and are integrated smoothly and fully optimized.
3. Industry Analytics:
- Keep abreast of industry updates as it impacts the business including regulatory updates, competitor posture and general trends
- Leverage synthesized findings to make appropriate recommendations to the business
4. Oversight of SBU and downstream assets:
- Deliver downstream asset rehabilitation project
- Implement tactical and operational plans for shoreline
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop relevant reports and carry out analysis for the attention of the MD
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Good knowledge and understanding of trends in Oil & Gas sector.
- Experience working in a demanding environment with highly motivated and driven professionals.
- Ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders across board.
- Good presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior managers and external business partners.
- Strong leadership skills with a team-oriented and collaborative approach to work.
- Possession of sound negotiation and conflict management skills
- Must be proactive and demonstrate ability to make sound judgement
- Good networking skills
- Must be intelligent, presentable, and articulate
- Strong business acumen and in-depth understanding of PES’s business sector(s)
- Global or multi-national business experience preferred
Qualifications & Experience:
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from a top-tier institution or similar academic/professional experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years post-qualification experience, with at least four (4) years in similar role.
- Prior hands-on experience in managing and relating with executive management employees
- Highly self-motivated.
- Absolute attention to detail and ability to grasp information quickly.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Tactful and assertive, with the ability to communicate at all levels in a complex environment.
- A high level of practical and organisational skills.
- Good social skills.
- Ability to organise and manage events.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to support colleagues.
- Absolute discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work in a changing and flexible organisation.
- Willingness to work occasional long hours and be ready to travel (when necessary) for business meetings within short notice.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivery of improvement projects in line with approved scope, timelines and budgets
- Timely tracking of progress on strategic initiatives & outcome
- Accuracy of value and risk assessments
- Positive Net Present Value (NPV) of investment
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Business Operational Performance against Industry Benchmarks
- Level of awareness of the Company Brand in the marketplace
- Percentage of Customer Retention/ Satisfaction
4. Business Process:
- Creative transactions for optimizing shareholder value
- Percentage Achievement of Organisational Mission/Vision
- Employee Turnover Rate