The candidate will lead the school's advancement programmes while developing and maintaining an active and productive relationship with donors and stakeholders. Head, Advancement must be pro-active, highly motivated, and detail-oriented with the ability to advance the School’s efforts to fund-raise and friend-raise. Must be proficient at developing and refining systems and procedures for the smooth functioning of operations and for growing knowledge of Advancement Services.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
Responsibilities include but is not limited to the following:
- Oversee the design, implementation and management of all fundraising activities including endowment, capital campaigns, special projects and other school-related solicitations.
- Manage all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations
- Manage development budget.
- Represent the school at meetings and events with key organizations.
- Create yearly budgets for the Advancement Department and Manage Advancement Budgets.
- Create Donation policies and procedures.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Advancement Role in prospect management, donor recognition, donor stewardship and other related activities including development research, database management and donor history
- Work as part of an integrated management team to establish overall goals and strategies for increasing private support to the School
- Work with donors on behalf of the School on the acceptance of gifts and oversee the procedures and documentation for gift receipting.
- Communicate donor wishes and requirements to the School
- Oversee the maintenance of a comprehensive and accurate fundraising database to include all past and prospective donors.
- Oversee all donor information entered and retrieved; oversee accuracy and efficiency of reports created
- Develop donor and prospect activity reports
- Provide oversight of pledge and acknowledgement processing activities;
- Contribute to the effective team management of all customer relation problems, issues and opportunities.
- Oversee advancement fundraising activities related to major gifts, planned gifts and corporate and foundation philanthropy and participate in the cultivation of gift prospects when appropriate
- Responsible for endowments (scholarships and others) and report award status to donors.
- Contribute to the web development team and assist with the development of necessary web pages for donations.
Key Performance Indicator:
- Meeting of financial targets for projects
- Number of donors willing to partner with the school
- Number of encounters between the school and donors/prospects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- General management/administrative skills.
- Fundraising skills
- Budgeting and Financial Analysis
- Relationship management skills
- Ability to learn, remember, and integrate rules, policies, or practices guiding the performance of an activity.
- Ability to continually record information such as draft correspondence/reports/documents/policies/procedures, conduct interviews and record information, prepare case narratives, or prepare other lengthy documents using handwritten or mechanical means.
- Ability to read with attention to details.
- Moderate travel required, ability to travel occasionally
- Minimum of an MBA or a Masters
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the Business Development / Marketing function of a medium or large organization.
Salary: NGN500,000- NGN600,000