The Finance Manager is responsible for
- Ensuring that financial functions are in accordance with GIZ standards rules and procedures as well as European Delegation requirements.
- Financial management and monitoring of the co-funded project.
- Preparation of annual financial report as well as audit opinion for the EU delegation.
- Advising the Head of the Component on negotiation/coordination with donors on financial issues of co-financing.
- Ensuring the efficient, transparent and economical use of financial and commercial support processes.
The Finance Manager performs the following tasks:
1. Financial services
- Financial management of co-financing project using GIZ IT tools such as SAP as well as On-site reporting.
- Creating and maintaining different financial structures based on donor requirements for reporting as well as for other aspect such as monitoring
- Preparation of annual financial report to European Delegation (EU) based on project year as well as contribution to financial reporting to German Ministry of Economics and development (BMZ) based on calendar year.
- Financial monitoring and compliance checks / controlling of cost, expenditure, commitments and contracts
- Preparation and facilitation of timely implementation of annual audit opinion by an external audit firm.
- Monitoring of cost allocation and bookings and initiation of the correction booking if required.
- Ensuring that cost allocation is according to budget structure and appropriate accounting codes.
- Quality check of booking, to ensure the correctness of booking based on causality principles.
- Initiating expenditure reposting in a timely manner to ensure the spending of BMZ funds.
- Effectively coordinates with the staff of the accounting and finance team in the GIZ Office as well as Project to ensure the correct cost allocation as well as follow-up on corrective measure.
- Calculating the shared office cost for project within the cluster with a proper documentation.
- Ensuring that annual financial report is contains all EU required annexes and documents.
- Preparation of fund request and other pre-requisites steps such as communication with GIZ Nigeria regarding Z number and Headquarter in term of expected income.
- Follow-up and monitoring on receivables.
2. General services and other duties
The Finance Manager
- Is the contact person for all contracts and payments related matters with GIZ Nigeria as well as Headquarters.
- Ensures the proper management of procurement of goods and services and compliance with EU regulation and requirements by supporting and advising technical colleagues in these processes.
- Reports all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay to the Head of Project (HoP) and Head of Program (AV).
- Stands in for the Admin Officer (e.g. travel management; workshop and event organization).
- Stands in for the SEDIN admin team as required.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- BA in Financial Management, Business Administration and or similar area
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- In-depth knowledge of finance and accounting
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office), experience with SAP systems or equivalent
- Confidential handling of data and information
- Very good knowledge of English, ideally some knowledge of German
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Work experience in international cooperation / project management is pre-requisite, work experience within GIZ as well as work experience with EU-funded or EU-cofunded projects are clear advantages.